21. _____ I noticed the puzzled look on his face, I realized that he didn’t understand me.
A. Although B. When C. Unless D. Until
22. My father _____ away for two months. I want to do something special for him when es
back next week.
A. will be B. has been C. was D. had been
23. —Here’s your paycheck for this month.
—Ah, that’s music _____ my ears!
A. to B. for C. in D. at
24. ---Jack, _____ you behave yourself? You’re no longer a kid.
---Sorry, Daddy. It won’t happen again.
A. mustn’t B. can’t C. should D. would
25. ---How was the journey?
--- Tiring! I caught the train at the last second but all the seats _____ . I stood all the way.
A. had been occupied B. had occupied
C. would occupy D. would be occupied
26. Scientists have discovered remarkable evidence showing how the body rebuilds _____while we
A. itself B. ourselves C. it D. us
27. We’d better take umbrellas—I’m sure it _____ when we arrive in London; it’s always wet there
at this time of year.
A. will rain B. is raining C. will be raining D. would rain
28. It remains unknown _____the peace talk between the two countries is going to lead.
A. where B. when C. how D. why
29. She got the photos of her son _____ up next to her desk so that she could see them whenever she missed him.
A. to pin B. pinning C. being pinned D. pinned
30. Green tea, _____ many experts suggest, should be drunk regularly to improve health.
A. which B. where C. when D. as
31. Thank you, Jack. Without your constant support I _____ those hard times.
A. couldn’t have pulled through B. couldn’t pull through
C. can’t have pulled through D. can’t pull through
32. Today, people are paying more and more attention to their health, _____ TV programs and books on keeping healthy extremely hot.
A. to make B. make C. making D. made
33. ---What else do we need for this trip besides food to eat and special clothes to we