1. Although we tried to concentrate on the lecture, we were ________ by the noise form the next room.
A) distracted B) displaced C) dispersed D) discarded(A)
2. In spite of the economic ________ forecast, manufacturing output has risen slightly.
A) faint B) dazzling C) gloomy D) obscure(C)
3. Too often Dr. Johnson’s lectures ________ how to protect the doctor rather than how to cure the patient.
A) look to B) dwell on C) permeate into D) shrug off(B)
4. Excellent films are those which ________ national and cultural barriers.
A) transcend B) transact C) abolish D) suppress(A)
5. One third of the Chinese in the United States live in California, ________ in the San Francisco area.
A) remarkably B) severely C) drastically D) predominantly(D)
6. After the terrible accident, I discovered that my ear was ing less ________.
A) sensible B) sensitive C) sentimental D) sensational(B)
7. Among all the public holidays, National Day seems to be the most joyful to the people of the country; on that day the whole country is ________ in a festival atmosphere.
A) trapped B) sunk C) indulged D) immersed(D)
8. Nowadays many rural people flock to the city to look for jobs on the assumption that the streets there are ________ with gold.
A) overwhelmed B) st