26. The young man said he would like to live in the country with his cousin.
AB C D
27. Mike stopped his work and looked out of the window.
Then he watched the street carefully to see what had happened.
28. I read the book about eastern food in Asia in the reading-room last week.
29. There's another TV play which I would rather see on Thursday.
30. Men'shands and fingers are so big that they aren't fit for this kind of job.
A BC D
31. Remember to meet me at the library in the Republic Square the day after tomorrow.
32. —Ask them to write a reportabout the programme.
A B C
—OK. That's a good idea.
33. A person with good manners should always be polite and helpful.
A B C D
34. puter is very useful today, for example,
the librarian can use it to help you find the books on medicine easily in the library.
35. At one time, there were long queues of people waiting outside the ticket offices of CAAC.
A B C D
36. The boys arrived late at the cinema, and the start of the film.
A. caught B. missed C. got D. lost
37. —Guess, how much does it cost?
—I think it costs 15 and 20 dollars.
A. from B. between C. amongD. with
38. As we know, some people are good at but bad at giving back.
A. lending B. keepingC. borrowingD. using
39. —Why couldn't you the correct spelling of the word?
—Err. . . I hadn't got a Chinese-English dictionary at hand.
A. look forB. look down C. look up D. look at
40. —You look very tired this morning. What did you do yesterday afternoon?
—I did Christmas shopping.
A. a lot of