交大版 硕士英语综合教程1 （课后参考答案）
Unit 1 LowCarbon Economy
Text A Creating a Low Carbon Economy
→III. Key to the Exercises
1. Reading Comprehension
a. Choose the sentence that best expresses the meaning of the statement from the text.
1. B2. B3. A4. C5. B
b. Fill in the blanks with the information you’ve learned in the text.
(1) the result of the rapid buildup of greenhouse gases primarily caused by human activities; we begin a concerted, rapid shift toward a lowcarbon economy
(2) climate represents the envelope within which all our natural systems operate
(3) the increased costs of damage from extreme weather events such as floods, droughts, hurricanes, heat waves, and major storms; the risk that such events affect global financial markets through higher or more volatile insurance costs; and the risk of abrupt and largescale climate change
(4) Scientific analysis of historic climate data and projections of future conditions, and stateoftheart computer models paint a stark picture of what is to come
(5) keeping average temperature to an increase in the range of 2.0℃ to 2.4℃
a. Fill in the blanks with the correct form of the words or phrases you have learned in the text.
(1) adverse(2) stark(3) inflict(4) systematically(5) triggered
(6) improvident(7) incurred(8) alternative(9) lost out on(10) settled on
b. Choose the word or phrase that is closest in meaning to the underlined one.
(1) B(2) C(3) A(4) D(5) B(6) C(7) A(8) D(9) C(10) D
Choose an appropriate word or phrase from the following list to fill in each of the following blanks. Each one can be used only ONCE. Change the form where necessary.
(1) embraced(2) sped up(3) running out(4) urgency(5) initiative
(6) specific(7) designated(8) contribute(9) incorporate(10) hampering
(11) reward(12) involved(13) adverse(14) adaptive(15) vulnerability
(16) alternative(17) context(18) due to(19) compensation(20) scheduled
a. Chinese to English
1) Translate the f