Paper One 试卷一
Part I Dialogue Completion (15 points)
Directions: There are 15 short incomplete dialogues in this part, each followed by 4 choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the best one to complete the dialogue and mark your answer on the ANSWER SHEET with a single line through the center.
1. Jenny: Shall I go and tell Mr. Fairbanks about our proposal?
A. Yes, you go B. Yes, go C. Yes, let’s D. Yes, please
2. Mori: It’s a pleasure to meet you here.
A. Pleased to meet you, too B. Thank you so much
C. I didn’t expect to see you here D. You’re too hospitable
3. Williams: Excuse me. I’m looking for a present for my son. I have no idea what to get him, Can you help me?
Sales girl: ____________.
A. Of course I can
B. No, I can’t actually
C. You must buy him a T-shirt
D. Yes, I think a T-shirt would be a good idea
4. Tim: I hear you’ve been to the book fair. How was it?
A. Absolutely marvelous B. Very much indeed
C. Not necessarily D. Quite disappointed
5. Ed: How do you get along with your new music teacher?
Maggie: Ms. Davis? __________, but I like her a lot.
A. She’s humorous B. She’s nice to me
C. She’s a bit strange D. She’s good at dancing
6. David: Charles, could you drive me to the railway station?
A. No, thanks. B. I’ll be there on time.
C. Sure, why not? D. Never mind.
7. Max: My son has been admitted by Beijing University.
Walt: Congratulations! He is such a smart boy.
A. Yes, he is B. You are right
C. Thank you very much D. Don’t mention it
8. Student: Do you mind our performing rock ‘n’ roll in the hall?
A. No, you’d better not B. Of course, it’s allowed here
C. Oh, I’d rather you didn’t actually D. I’d prefer to listen to rock ‘a’ roll
9. Clerk: Excuse me, this a non-smoking place.
A. Oh, I’m sorry. B. How can you say that?
C. That’s all righ