1. “What will you ________ at six this evening?” “I’ll probably be having supper.”
C.have D.be doing
2. The river ________ to the east. It is the second longest river in the country.
A.runs B.is running
3. We ________ on it for many hours but we have not yet reached any conclusion.
B.have been working
D.have had worked
4. The doctor took my temperature and ________ to my heart.
A.listens B.will listen
C.has listened D.listened
5. When did you see her? What ________ then?
A.was she doing B.did she do
C.is she doing D.has she hone
6. I ________ help. I can do it myself.
A.need to B.don’t need
7. Since the road is wet, ________last night.
A.it must have rained
B.it must rain
C.it must be raining
D.it must have been raining
8. “Must we start the experiment now?” “No, you________.”
C.can’t D.may not
9. We all hope you ________to the party next week.
B.be able to e
D.will be able to e
10. Mr. Baker, a dozen students want to see you. ________ they wait here or outside?
A.Should B.Will C.Shall D.Are
11. Tennis balls ________ best in summer.
A.are sold B.sell
C.would be sold D.sold away
12. The medicine________ cool, clean and dry.
A.must keep B.must be kept
C.must be keep D.must be in
13. “Have you moved into the new house?”
“Not yet. The rooms ___