CENERAL DIRECTIONS: EACH STUDENT HAS AN ANSWER SHEET ON WHTCH IS TO BE WRITTEN THE STUDENT’S EXAMINATION ID NUMBER. ALL ANSWERS TO THE MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS OF PARTS Ⅰ,Ⅱ,Ⅲ and Ⅳ ARE TO BE WRITTEN ON THIS ANSWER SHEET. CIRCLE THE LETTER THAT IS YOUR ANSWER.
PART Ⅰ:VOCABULARY [15%]
DIRECTIONS FOR SECTION A: ON YOUR ANSWER SHEET, CIRCLE THE ANSWER THAT PLETES THE SENTENCE.
1. With her last child having left home, she felt a need to fill her time.
a. tense b. thorough
c. pressing d. small
2. It is generally thought that as teachers work with students, psychology course work is to teacher-training.
a. indispensable b. inviolate
c. indisposed d. invariable
3. The announcement of the death of their leader caused thereafter a feeling of great despair to
a. overflow b. scatter
c. permeate d. manipulate
4. Fear of pirate led the French to fortify their coastline.
a. excursions b. incursions
c. transmigrations d. transmogrifications
5. During the oil crisis of the 1970s, many states speed limits to reduce gasoline use.
a. implanted b. imposed
c. impaired d. impressed
6. Over-taxation, many argue, impedes initiative, so that government e may actually .
a. mushroom b. capsize
c. shrink d. dispel
7. The assassin hid himself carefully from view before his future victim.
a. drawing from b. drawing up
c. drawing with d. drawing on
8. He never exerts himself to aid those trying to a difficult situation.
a. rectify b. modify
c. solidify d. verify
9. His alibi was fishy, yet to close scrutiny.
a. stood still b. withstood
c. stood up d. stood off
10. Practitioners of law and medicine are esteemed in many countries which seems to indicate that
depends on profession or title.
a. prestige b. superiority
c. privilege d. merit
11. After the demonstration the protestors quietly.
a. dismissed b. diffused
c. dispatched d. dispersed
12. Mutual trade implies advantages.
a. allied b. cooperative