0 EXERCISE 18. Using WITH. (Chart 13-6)
Directions: Complete the sentences using with and appropriate words from the list.
Ja broom a pair of scissors a spoon
a hammer a saw a thermometer
a needle and thread a shwel
1. I swept the floor wkth a bv00~
2. I sewed a button on my shirt
3. 1 cut the wood
4. I took my temperature
5. I stirred my coffee
6. I dug a hole in the ground
7. I nailed two pieces of wood together
8. I cut the paper
EXERCISE 19. Using BY or WITH. (Chart 13-6)
Directions: Complete the sentences with by or with.
1. I opened the door wtth a key.
2. 1 went to Cherryville by bus.
3. I dried the dishes a dishtowel.
4. I went from Portland to San Francisco train.
5. Ted drew a straight line a ruler.
6. Is there any way you could touch the ceiling your foot?
7. Some advertisers try to reach target audiences mail.
8. Rebecca tightened the screw in the corner of her eyeglasses her
9. I called Bill "Paul" mistake.
10. The fastest way to send a copy of a piece of paper halfway around the world is
11. The chef sliced the partially frozen meat into thin strips a
12. Some people pay their bills computer.
13. Sally protected her eyes from the sun her hand.
14. My grandmother makes tablecloths hand.
386 CHAPTER 13
13-7 USING GERUNDS AS SUBJECTS; USING IT +
(c) Coming to dass on time is important.
(d) It is important to come to class on time.
sentence. The word it has the same meaning as the