考点二 辨析used to do sth., be /get used to doing sth.与be used to do sth.
考点三 辨析give, offer, provide与supply
考点五 辨析voice, noise与sound
辨析used to do sth., be /get used to doing sth.与be used to do sth.
1. —What do you usually have for breakfast?
—I used to ________ dumplings, but these days I’m used to ________ bread and milk.
A. eat; have B. eating; having
C. eating; have D. eat; having
2. —I hear your grandpa has an old cup in your home.
—Yes, It ________ drinking tea long ago and my grandpa ________ drink tea with it when he was young.
A. was used to; was used to
B. used for; used to
C. was used for; was used to
D. was used for; used to
◆used to do sth.意为“过去常常做某事”, to后接动词原形。如：
There used to be a shop here.从前这儿有一家商店。
◆get/be used to doing sth.意为****惯(做)某事”, to后接名词、代词或动名词。如：
She gets/is used to the climate here. 她****惯了这里的气候。
◆be used to do sth.意为“被用来做某事(被动语态结构)”。如：
Wood is used to make paper. 木材用来造纸。
3. The hospital is doing its best ________the patients with the best service and treatment.
A. to offer B. offering C. to provide D. providing
辨析give, offer, provide与supply
4. The government need to ________ these old people ________ food and clothes.
A. supply; with B. provide; to
C. provide; for D. supply; to
◆give, offer, provide与supply句型的区别
◆give, offer, provide和supply含义的区别
(1) give指“供给”、“给出”, 多指一般性“给出”或因别人需要而“给”。如：
We gave her flowers for her birthday. 我们送她一些花以庆祝她的生日。
(2) offer 指“提出, 提供, 呈现”, 如帮助、服务或物品, 这可能是对方要求也可能是自己主动提出的。如：
He offered me a job, but I didn’t accept it. 他提供给我一份工作, 但我没有接受。
(3) provide 指“供给, 提供, 装备, 准备”。往往含有“免费供给”的意味。如：
We provided them with board and lodging. 我们给他们提供食宿。
(4) supply 指“供给, 补充, 弥补”, 还可作名词, 意为“供给(量), 物资, 存货”, supply一般需付钱。如：
We are well supplied with foods. 我们