1 / 20
General Knowledge (40题, 20%)
Fill in the blanks (10题，10%)
Explain the terms 〔10个, 30%〕
Answer the questions (6个，30%)
I. General Knowledge (40题, 20%)
1. The majority of the current population in the UK are decedents of all the following tribes respectively EXCEPT C
A. the Anglos. B. the Celts.
C. the Jutes. D. the Saxons.
2. The Prime Minister in Britain is head of D
A. the Shadow Cabinet. B. the Parliament.
C. the Opposition. D. the Cabinet.
3. is the state church in England. D
A. The Roman Catholic Church
B. The Baptist Church
C. The Protestant Church
D. The Church of England
The capital of Scotland is B
A. Glasgow. B. Edinburgh.
C. Manchester. D. London.
5. Which of the following is NOT a British news agency? B
B. The Associated Press.
C. The Press Association Ltd.
D. United Press, Ltd.
6. Big Ben was named after B
A. Christopher Wren. B. Benjamin Hall.
C. Ben John. D. G. Stephenson.
7. Education in U.K. is pulsory for all between ages of A
A. 5 and 16. B. 8 and 17.
C. 6 and 15. D. 7 and 19.
8. The Anglo-Saxons began to settle in Britain in the century. C
A. 7th B. 6th
C. 5th D. 4th
9. Between 1337 and 1453, the took place in Britain. C
A. War of Roses B. Black Death
C. Hundred Years’ War D. Peasant Uprising
10. Which of the following statements is INCORRECT? D
2 / 20
A. The British constitution includes the Magna Carta of 1215.
B. The British constitution includes Parliamentary acts.
C. The British constit