1. This is the gentleman who helped me out of the trouble.
2. The building which stands near the river is our school.
3. Do you know the boy whose bicycle was broken just now?
4. The farm (that)we visited last Sunday was located in the suburbs of Beijing.
定语从句:修饰名词或代词对其启到限定作用的句子。被定语从句修饰的名词或代词叫先行词。引导定语从句的词叫关系代词以及关系副词(when/ where/ why)
1. The boy _______ we saw yesterday was John’s brother.
2. Do you know the name of the hotel ________ windows we can see here?
3. Is she the girl ______ sells newspapers?
Anyone who does that must be mad. Those who dare to break the law will be punished.
2> 用在there be 结构中先行词做表语
There is a young man who wants to see you.
The man that spoke at the meeting is our headmaster who has e from Shanghai.
4> 先行词是 I, you, he , they等
He who plays with fire gets burned.
The family, who lives upstairs, are fond of music.
LiuXiang, who quited in Beijing Olympics, is still regarded as a hero in china.
That & which
1> 先行词是everything,anything等不定代词或是all, much,few, little以及被其修饰
Everything that can be done has been done. There are few books we can read.
2> 先行词被the only, the very, the last, the very及序数词修饰
This is the only food that I can find for you. position was the second one that was handed in.
This is the most interesting film that I have ever seen.
They talked for half an hour of things and persons that they remembered in the school.
China is not the country that it used to be
He brought two cats yesterday. Now I can see the two that are playing in the garden.