1. Would you ____ the paper for me and see if there are any obvious mistakes? A.look around B.look into C.look up D.look through
2. The fact that she never apologized ____ a lot about what kind of person she is. A.says B.talks C.appears D.declares
3. Jim sold most of his things.He has hardly ____ left in the house.
A.anything B.everything C.nothing Dsomething
4. He telephoned the travel agency to ___ three air tickets to London.
A.order B.arrange C.take D.book
5. Thousands of foreigners were ___ to the Shanghai world Expo the day it opened.
A.attended B.attained. C.attracted D.attached
6. I bought a dress for only 10 dollars in a sale; it was a real ___.
A.exchange B.bargain C.trade D.business
7. The top leaders of the two countries are holding talks in a friendly ___.
A.atmosphere B.state C.situation D.phenomenon
8. The old man asked Lucy to move to another chair ___ he wanted to sit next to his wife.
A.before B.until C.as D.since
9. He keeps telling his students that the future ___ to the well-educated.
A.belongs B.is belonged C.is belonging D.will be belonged
10. –Has she had much ___ in teaching English?
--No. She is just a new hand.
A.base B.future C.energy D.experience
11. The medicine tastes ___, but works ___.
A.bitter;well B.bitter;good C.bitterly;well D.bitterly;good
12.The artist was poor , ____ poor