句子成分与结构 sentence structure
1. In the following sentence “It’s no use waiting for me”, the italicized phrase is . 2010
A. the object B. an adverbial C. a complement D. the subject
2. In “How much do you think he earns?” how much is of the sentence. 2009
A. the subject B. the adverbial C. the object D. the complement
3. Which of the following sentence has an object complement? 2010
A. The directors appointed John manager.
B. I gave Mary a Christmas present.
C. You have done Peter a favour.
D. She is teaching children English.
4. Which of the following italicized phrases indicates Cause? 2010
A. Why don’t you do it for the sake of your friends?
B. I wish I could write as well as you.
C. For all his efforts, he didn’t get an A.
D. Her eyes were red from excessive reading.
5. Even as a girl, to be her life, and theater audiences were to be her best teacher. 2001
A. performing by Melissa were
B. it was known that Melissa’s performances were
C. knowing that Melissa’s performances were
D. Melissa knew that performing was
6. Who was coming to see me in my office this afternoon?
A. you said B. did you say C. did you say that D. you did say
7. In “He would often discuss things with me, asking my opinions and disagreeing when he saw matters differently.” Asking my opinion is the of the sentence.
A. direct object B. object complement C. adverbial D. indirect object
8. Even when stranded in an isolated village by snow, .
A. it seemed my journey was still exciting B. my journey still seemed exciting
C. I still thought my journey exciting D. my journey was still thought to be exciting
1. Mr Wells, together with all the members of his family, ____ for Europe this afternoon. 2005
A. are to leave B. are leaving C. is leaving D. leave
2. The statistics __ that living